Monday, December 26, 2011

It shall not return unto Him void

The following illustration of what may be accomplished by good literature is recounted by an exchange: "I was asked to go to a public house in Nottingham to see the landlord's wife, who was dying. I found her rejoicing in Christ as her Saviour. I asked her how she found the Lord.. 'Reading that', she replied, handing me a torn piece of paper.
"I looked at it, and found that it was a piece of an American newspaper, containing an extract from one of Spurgeon's sermons, which extract had been the means of her conversion.
" 'Where did you find this newspaper?' I asked.
"She answered: 'it was wrapped around a parcel sent to me from Australia.'
"Talk about the hidden life of a good seed! Think of that! A sermon preached in London, conveyed to America, then to Australia, part of it torn off for the parcel dispatched to England, and after all its wanderings, giving the message of salvation to that womans soul! God's word shall not return unto Him void."
Taken from the Youth's Instructor, August 27, 1896

No comments:

Post a Comment